TED is hosting an ideas search event unlike any other. Our mission:
to ensure we're hearing big, bold ideas from every corner of the globe,
with the goal of inviting a select group to join us and speak at the flagship
TED conference in 2020.
The theme of TED2020 is UNCHARTED. The future is more uncertain than it's ever
been; we're looking for people who will give us a clue as to where we're heading
-- and how we'll get there.
- Are you working on a novel invention, design or vision?
- Do you have a thoughtful approach to a universally shared frustration?
- Are you an explorer who's discovered something strange and amazing?
If any of these questions resonate with you, or if you have any meaningful
idea that you want to share, apply today! Public speaking experience is not
required and there are no age restrictions. If you have an amazing idea, we
want to hear it!
The application process
- Round 1 applicants prepared and filmed a one-minute video summary of their compelling idea for the TED2020 stage in Vancouver.
- Videos and applications were submitted by May 29, 2019, for review by TED's curation team.
Curious to see some previous winners? Here are some talks from stand-out speakers discovered during past idea searches:
Tamekia MizLadi Smith,
Zak Ebrahim and
Questions? Send us a message.
Our idea selection process
This ideas search will be completely virtual, taking advantage of the TED World Theater,
our unique and amazing way to use video streaming to bring people from around the world
to one place.
Round 1 application period is closed. If you applied, you will receive an update in late June 2019.
If selected for Round 2, you’ll be invited to a virtual event where you’ll talk more about your idea and participate in a Q&A with TED’s curators.
If selected for Round 3, you’ll deliver a short talk based on the idea you pitched in Round 2 at another virtual event. A smaller subset of Round 3 participants will join us for the 5-day conference and speak on the TED2020 stage in Vancouver (all expenses paid).
© 2019 TED Conferences, LLC.